Reed Library offers a variety of options for study and research to support individual study and group collaboration. From open areas in the library with comfortable seating and awesome views to reservable presentation rooms with large display screens, we seek to provide an environment reflecting the needs of students and others in their learning and research activities.
Study and presentation rooms can be reserved though a sign-up sheet located outside each of the rooms. If not in use, they are available on a first come basis, with preference given to groups.
- 20 public access computers - main floor
- Presentation Rooms (also used as study rooms when available, suitable for groups.)
- 3 on Main floor (Windows OS) north end near large windows and one near RL131 computer classroom/ lab.
- 1 2nd floor (Mac OS)
- Individual study carrels along walls of 2nd floor.
- Small group study rooms (2nd floor south)
- Child-friendly room with toys. (2nd floor)
- Beers' Study Room (2nd floor south) and the open study area at top of stairs are large areas with configurable, movable furniture to be used by individuals or groups up to 16 people.
- Library Classroom (RL 131, Main floor) with 26 FLC Lab computers which can be used by individuals at times when classes are not scheduled.
- Music Listening Room with turntable, CD player and music collection. (Main floor)
- Fishbowl: Near main library entrance: study area with individual and group seating as well as FLC Lab computers. Open 24/7 except when campus is closed. Required current FLC ID card to access space during hours when the library is closed.
The library has comfortable seating and tables throughout, along with art and other visual displays.