Information for Faculty
Reed Library offers faculty several ways to make course materials available on reserve for student use.
Faculty owned materials, as well as items available at Reed Library, may be placed on reserve for checkout at the Library Circulation Desk.
Faculty may also request items for purchase to make available on reserve through the Library’s Course Text Purchase Program.
To place or to request an item be put on reserve, please fill out the following online form.
Course Reserves Form: Please complete one submission for each course.
Course Text Purchase Program
Reed Library’s Course Text Purchase Program provides dedicated funds to acquire one course text for every 15 students in a course, with a preference for purchasing materials that are accessible online.
- Faculty-owned materials: Items may be brought to the Reed Library Circulation Desk after completing the online course reserves form.
- Reed Library materials: Bring in or e-mail a completed Course Reserves form to Reed After completing the online course reserves form, Library staff will retrieve and process the items.
Reserve Tips and Reminders
- Items will be put on reserve in the order they are received. For the first weeks of a term it may take up to 3 working days for items to be ready for checkout, depending on the volume of materials coming into the library.
- During the semester, materials should be brought to the library at least 24 hours in advance of the date they are needed.
- If several professors are using the same materials, the materials may be listed simultaneously for several professors and classes.
- The Library strives to comply with Copyright law. Copyright law does not allow for the same photocopied work to be kept on Reserve semester after semester. If you have material of this nature, other arrangements need to be made, and we will suggest strategies.
You are encouraged to check the Course Reserves listing in the Library Catalog for the correct display and status of your materials. If changes are necessary, or you have any questions regarding the placement or removal of materials on reserve, please contact Circulation at 970-247-7407 or firstname.lastname@example.org.