Prospector is a group of Colorado and Wyoming libraries that gives patrons access to 32 million books, journals, DVDs, CDs, videos and other materials. With a single search you can find and request materials and have them delivered to Reed Library. This is generally the quickest way to get materials not available at Fort Lewis College.
If what you want isn’t available in Prospector, you may be able to find it in Prospector’s partner catalog MOBIUS, a consortium of Missouri libraries with access to an additional 27 million items. Requests may take up to 2 weeks to arrive. Look for the MOBIUS link within Prospector.
Prospector Catalog Search
When the item is received (usually within 5-7 days), you will be informed through your FLC email. Please pick up your item within 7 days or it will be returned to the lending library. If you have any problems connecting to Prospector or MOBIUS, please contact the Reed Library Circulation Desk at 970-247-7270.
The general policies which apply to materials delivered through Prospector/MOBIUS include:
- 6 weeks loan period for books; 2 weeks loan period for DVDs, CDs, or other formats
- Click on Library Logins > Library Account on the library homepage in order to review the status of your Prospector requests or cancel any Prospector requests you may no longer need.
- This service is available to all Fort Lewis students, faculty, and staff members whose Reed Library accounts are in good standing.
- If all copies of materials are checked-out, a hold may be placed although books may not be recalled.
- Overdue fines will be charged for late returned Prospector items
- Up to 40 requests/check-outs per person
- $125 will be charged for lost books ($100 lost book fee plus $25 processing charge)
- No renewals