Place Items on Reserve
Information for Faculty
Reed Library offers faculty the opportunity to place various types of materials on reserve for student use. Faculty owned materials as well as items available at Reed Library may be placed on reserve for pick up at the Library Circulation Desk.
- Reserves form: For books, media and other physical materials. List all materials to be placed on physical reserve on this form. Reserve materials must be submitted with properly completed forms.
- E-Reserves are now handled by individual professors in Canvas. This library guide provides you with tutorials on adding electronic items to your course.
- Faculty-owned materials: Items may be brought to the Reed Library Circulation Desk along with a completed Course Reserve form.
- Reed Library materials: Bring in or e-mail a completed Course Reserves form to Reed Library. Requested items must be identified on the form by their Title, Author, and FLC call #. Library staff will retrieve and process the items.
Reserve Tips and Reminders
- The instructor’s name and phone number, course number, and course title (as given in the college course schedule) should be indicated on the Course Reserve form and in any e-mail communication.
- Items will be put on reserve in the order they are received. For the first weeks of a term it may take up to 3 working days for items to be placed, depending on the volume of materials coming into the library.
- During the semester, materials should be brought into the library at least 24 hours in advance of the date they are needed.
- We suggest at least a 2 hour loan period for all items on physical reserve.
- If several professors are using the same materials, the materials may be listed simultaneously for several professors and classes.
- The Library strives to comply with Copyright law. Copyright law does not allow for the same photocopied work to be kept on Reserve semester after semester. If you have material of this nature, other arrangements need to be made and we will suggest strategies.
- At the end of a term, reserve materials will be removed from reserve and returned to the submitting faculty member, unless an extension has been requested.
You are encouraged to check the Course Reserves listing in the Library Catalog for the correct display and status of your materials. If changes are necessary, or you have any questions regarding the placement or removal of materials on reserve, please contact Circulation at (970) 247-7407 or email@example.com.