REFERENCE ASSISTANCE is available to help library users find needed information. As a teaching library, much of our assistance is instructional. By leading users through the process of research, reference librarians enable library users to independently seek and locate information. We will suggest a range of sources appropriate to the need and describe how to proceed. We will often work with you individually to locate the specific information you need.
The Reference Desk is the primary service point for getting help with your research or other information needs and allows the best help by providing hands-on help with the most flexible hours. It is centrally located on the main floor of the library. Check Reference Desk Hours to see when librarians are available.
For quick questions, Chat with us. Click the chat box on the left.
The telephone number is (970) 247-7551. The librarian on duty may be busy helping people in the library. If you leave a message, we will return your call as soon as possible. We also provide e-mail reference, Ask a Librarian.
If you need more in-depth help, schedule an individual appointment with a librarian.
assist users with:
- a full range of study and research needs;
- formatting citations and references for papers using style manuals for writing papers or articles, such as MLA and APA styles. See Citation Style Guides.
- finding materials using the Reed Library Catalog and other library catalogs;
- searching the WWW using the best techniques for academic content;
- using specific databases to find journal articles, including those in the A-Z List;
- recommend databases for a topic or particular need;
- finding the answer to specific questions, both at the Reference Desk, through "Chat" and through Ask a Librarian;
- helping students with their assignments.