There are 2 ways to make a video reservation:
1. You may reserve or "book" the video online by following the instructions below.
- You must be faculty to "book" a video in the system.
- Go to the Reed Library online catalog.
- Locate the record for the video you wish to book using title, call #, word, etc.
- Click on Book This Material.
- The calendar will indicate when the video is available.
- Type in your name and ID number, then submit.
- Choose the date and time you want to pick up the video, submit.
- Choose the date you can return the video if you need it less than 7 days. Seven days is the default. Submit.
- You may pick up the video at the Circulation Desk on the day requested.
- Faculty from different departments may need to use the same videos. As a result of this, we ask that you "book" or reserve the video only for the date(s) you need to show it.
- For assistance booking parts of multi-part videos, please call Stefani Bennett at x7494.
2. Come to the circulation desk (or phone 7270 or 7494), and fill out a Faculty Video Reservation form.
We need your name, campus phone number, the date and time the video is needed, and the video title and call number.
The system works best when we have at least one week's notice. If this is not possible, please have an alternate lesson plan in mind. Sometimes a few days is enough notice, but one day is often not an adequate amount of time to retrieve a video if it is checked out.
Given adequate notice, we will usually be able to provide the video you want on the date needed. If the video is checked out we cannot tell you who has it - that is confidential information. However, we will do our best to notify that person and let him/her know another faculty member needs that video.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email Stefani Bennett or call him at x7494.